So I’m back in school and if you’re anything like me, you have to organize your entire life before you can proceed. I like to plan. I may not always be good at keeping up with said plan, but I more so enjoy the process of it. Anyway, if you’re in school but struggling to stay organized and motivated, I have some tips that have helped me get my life together academically.
1. Plan out your week. I have a dry erase calendar where I write down all the things that I have to be done that week, whether it be assignments, projects, meetings, chores.
2. Don’t study in your room. It’s not ideal. Your room needs to be a place to sleep. I don’t care if you have a desk in your room, go somewhere else man. Somewhere you can focus.
3. Reward yourself when you study. After every hour or so, treat yourself to 10-15 minutes of chill time. I personally can’t stare at a textbook longer than an hour without wanting to cry.
4. Apps are life. I love apps. They keep my organized. iStudiez is a great one I use so I never forget an assignment.
5. Get an accountability partner. Set goals and find someone who you can be accountable for and can be accountable for you. It’s good to have someone to give you a nudge when you’re not feeling up to doing your work.
7. Find your studying style. Some people read and just remember, some like making flash cards, some take pages and pages of notes, some (like me)?do all three. Whatever works for you!
6. Relax. Go out. Have fun. You can’t study ALL the time. Trust me. I’ve tried it and it resulted in panic attacks and episodes of depression. Your mental health is just as if not more important as academics. If you’re killing yourself for a grade, you’re not doing it right. Study smart, not hard.
Those are my tips. Took me awhile to use them effectively to be honest but since I started to, my grades have improved and I don’t feel so overwhelmed!
Give em a try!